Monday, September 3, 2018

Labor Day Weekend



I was so ready for this long weekend holiday!  Work was hectic, but don't get me wrong, I still love my new job.  I'm learning a lot and just wished I had more hours in the day.  My days go by fast and I like it!

My running is still going on mainly after work due to my new work schedule/drive.  I rather run first thing in the morning, but I make it work in the afternoons.  After my Saturday morning long run (14 miles) Eddie and I decided to take off to Austin for a date night on Saturday night.  We just wanted to get out of town and enjoy the holiday weekend.  It was weird waking up on Sunday and not going to teach my cycle class at the gym.  I did enjoy sleeping in and sometimes, that is what our body needs more of....SLEEP.  We all tend to get so caught up in our busy life that sometimes we deprive our bodies from getting the proper rest.  That is one thing, I'm trying to do better on.

The weather today for Labor Day called for cooler temps and rain.  I took advantage and went for my weekday long distance run of 8 miles scheduled for Wednesday and did it today.  It was cloudy and like mist which made for a cool and refreshing run.  There were people out on the trial running, walking, parents watching their children practice soccer, others playing tennis and even the golfers where out.  It didn't start raining until I finished running.  I was able to run it faster due to the hot sun not beating down at me that I was able to beat the rain.  It was a happy run :)

Keep on running!  

No comments:

Post a Comment