Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Fort Worth Half Marathon Here I Come

Last week I went out of town to co-present for my first time at a work conference in Albuquerque, New Mexico.  I went with about 50 people from my school district including one of my Assistant Principals and 2nd grade teacher.  I took all my running stuff to go run in the mountains and was excited to finally fun after my procedure.  However, we get there and we stay right downtown and there wasn’t anywhere to run where I felt safe.  There were a lot of homeless people around and too many stoplights everywhere.  So I decided to just run at the fitness room in the hotel.  I was only able to run one day for they only had 2 treadmills and I had to wait 20 for it.  I ran 6 miles the day of my presentation and felt good to relieve some stress!  I also didn’t feel any pain on my foot and was happy about that.  I took it easy and ran slow.  The next two mornings I went with my co-workers and  went to hot yoga.  I haven’t done that in a couple years and felt so good to get a good stretch in.  I took Saturday off since I was traveling back home and went back to teach cycle on Sunday morning.

This week, it was back to running and strength training because this Sunday is my Fort Worth Half Marathon!!  I have mixed emotions about it.  I wonder if I’ll be ready?  I mean, I really haven’t been watching my nutrition like I normally do.  I haven’t been keeping up with my training schedule like I always do.  My doctors say I should be okay for I only needed 72 hours of recovery and then I should be able to work out like usual.  I got back to find my running buddy, Dash to be fat...LOL!  I guess the boys didn’t really know if she got fed as they went to school/work and would just feed her from what they tell me now.  So, I was happy to run with her again this week.  She runs with me so much better now and know to turn right or left when I tell her.  She’s so smart that she know the route around my house that she turns before I even tell her to.  It’s tapper time this week and enjoying running with my Dash.


No comments:

Post a Comment