Sunday, November 26, 2017

Thanksgiving Week

Today is my last day of Thanksgiving Break and back to work tomorrow I go.  What an great week I had.  I was able to catch up with my girlfriends, went hunting with my man and little boy, tried out our new camper trailer, celebrated a Sweet 15 with family, had a huge get together with family for Thanksgiving, got Christmas lights up and continued my marathon training.  So much to be thankful for and loved my busy week.

I ran 18 miles yesterday and that has been my longest run so far since my stress fracture.  I am so happy that I was able to run without any foot pain.  I had knee pain towards the end, but it’s because I haven’t been running as much.  I didn’t care, it felt good to run again.  Yes, I'm finally back.  The only thing is that since I've gained weight, I'm not as fast as I used to be.  That is about to change for now that I'm running longer distances, I will watch what I eat and get back to my target weight.  I have a goal and challenge marathon coming up like no other and don't want to screw it up!  I have ran an ultra marathon and then two weeks later ran a full marathon and that was a challenge.  However, I have NEVER ran a half marathon one day and then a full marathon next day!!  It's starting to freak me out and wonder what the heck I got myself into.  There is no turning back and I will train like never before and want to be able to finish both marathons injury free.  Yes, that is my goal for this one.  It's not to try and PR.  I just want to enjoy it, have fun and finish.

This will be our first time to go to Disney and Eddie and I are taking Noah with us.  This will be his big birthday gift since January is his birthday month.  He is so excited and I can't wait to enjoy this trip with both of them.  Yes, I do plan on enjoying myself at Disney and that is why I don't plan to PR for this one.  I can already tell you that I will walk a lot of miles before my runs.  This will be fun, but for sure the most challenging marathons!

No comments:

Post a Comment