Wednesday, February 14, 2018

New Training Schedule Begins

January was a blast with running the Disney's Goofy Marathon Challenge.  Now in February it back to training I go.  This time, I'm training to run the Nashville Rock n' Roll Marathon coming up at the end of April.  I love running this time of year and training is fun to me.  Now that my foot is completely heeled from my summer stress fracture, I'm good to go 100%.  

For February, I ran the Dallas Hot Chocolate 15K with a co-worker and saw some of my running friends out there.  That was a fun one and may do it again next year.  I placed 3rd in my age group and felt good to race again.

You can check out my training schedule and will see that I'm running only 4 times a week this time instead of 5 days a week.  Just because I want to work on more strength and core workouts.  As I get older, I feel like I need to not run as much to avoid injuries.  I know that once I get injured it seems to take longer to recovery.  Also, I tried this with my Disney Marathon training and since I still teach cycle 3x a week, I seem to get my cardio in that way too and still run good.  So, I'm going to test it again, but this time will try to go all out to see how I do when I run Nashville's Rock n' Roll Marathon.  

I don't really believe in all the diets out there like Keto, Whole 30, etc.  I know it works with some of my friends, but as a marathon runner, it doesn't work for me.  I don't want/need to loose weight, but just maintain and get stronger.  Everybody is different and what works for me may not for other so, you really just have to try out different things to see what works best for you and your body.  So for me, I'm back to eating healthy again and going gluten free.  I'll have a cheat day once a week and eat 6 times a day.  It's all about portion control when I eat and I stay away from sodas, fast food, processed food and sweets.  Let's do this!

No comments:

Post a Comment