Wednesday, February 21, 2018

S.F. California Run

Last weekend I went to San Francisco, CA. for a teacher training and had a blast.  Of course, I packed my running shoes like I do everywhere I travel to.  I love to run and see new places all over the world.  Besides, I still have a marathon schedule I have to follow and always make time to run every day I need to run.  My work schedule was packed until Sunday, my last day there.  That day I woke up at 5:00 a.m. to start running at 5:30 a.m. in order to run my scheduled 14 mile run according to my pace per mile.  We had to be packed, eat breakfast and ready to go by 8:30 to head to our last tour before heading to the airport.

I'm not gonna lie.  I was a little scared running all by myself in the dark.  And if my husband knew I did this, he would not be happy.  He wanted me to wait till it was light outside, but I wouldn't get my 14 miles in.  My hotel was in the good side of town and I was 3 blocks away to Fishermans Wharf by the bay.  So, I decided to face my fears and just do it and go!  I didn't listen to music like I normally do and ran in the lit areas by the bay and stayed close to the street lights and street.
By the time I started running through some hilly neighborhoods up going towards Golden Gate Bridge, it started to get lighter.  My goal was to run to the Golden Gate Bridge and see the sunrise from the bridge.   Well, guess what?  I made it just in time and it was such a beautiful sight!  I was huffing and puffing my way up there for there was a killer hill to get there and it was windy up on the bridge.  However, I didn't care and it felt good to make it, reach my goal, face my fears and thanked the good Lord for watching over me.  Yes, I pray a lot and my faith keeps me going!  Keep on running :)


No comments:

Post a Comment