Sunday, March 4, 2018

March Arrives

There has been a lot of rain this past week to end the month of February.  However, the skies finally cleared up just in time for my long distance run of 18 miles yesterday.  The temps were in the mid 50s and had lots of sunshine.  It was a great run up until around mile 15, I had to find a porta potty.  It was a not so clean one, but when you gotta go, you gotta go!  I was just happy it had toilet paper!  After that, I was able to finish strong.  There were a lot of people out on the trails, and I decided to run at TCU for some hill work too.

Next week is my last week of work before we take off for Spring Break.  This year, I signed up to take some middle school students on a STEM Tour group to NYC and Boston.  I’m the first one to do this at my school district for middle school students  and excited for the opportunity.  I have 18 students going and Noah is one of them.  I’m taking Eddie as a chaperone and my first responder fireman in case of an emergency.  We also have a Tour Director leading the trip, own bus driver and private security guard on watch at night at our hotel.  It’s a pretty cool deal and excited to see our students travel and enjoy seeing the world like I do.  Noah is super excited and no way I would leave him behind.  It will be a fun trip, but know it will be lots of work too.  We will be going nonstop walking about 6-9 miles a day.  I’m a little worried about my nutrition and running during this trip, but know I’ll just take my running shoes and run at the fitness center at the hotel if I have to.  I’ll have to make time one way or another.  I just pray all goes well!




No comments:

Post a Comment