Saturday, March 31, 2018

Easter Weekend

Today, I woke up excited about my 20 miler long run.  I was back to the weight I wanted and ready to see how I would do.  It's been a struggle getting back to eating healthy and sticking with it.  Don't get me wrong,  I always try to eat healthy, but I had a lot of days here and there where I didn't care and would get the extra glass of wine or try a dessert after dinner.  Why?  Because temptation is everywhere!  At school where I work, we get treated with food not so healthy for us, but when that's all there is, I eat it.  At holidays, parties, going out to eat, etc.  My hypothyroidism also sometimes makes me feel fatigue without any energy and hard to get motivated at times.  I make sure not to miss my daily pill, or it's bad news the rest of the day.  However, I know we all have choices and it's really up to me to decide how I want to feel and look to be more healthy.  So, now that my marathon is just about a month out, it is time to get shredded and no more excuses!  I'm happy that now Eddie is on board with eating healthy too and we both are making progress with our fitness and weight goals.  It's so much easier when he does it with me cause we both encourage each other and make better choices with our food intake.  Even when we go out to eat, we look for healthy options.  We also have cut back on alcohol.   I'm not drinking any wine until maybe after my marathon to celebrate :)

Last night I ate pasta to carb load at a new place I've never been before with Eddie.  It was delicious and topped with fresh Atlantic salmon.  It was a beautiful morning and I decided to run with a goal of 8:00 pace per mile.  I ran a flat course hoping to keep this pace.   Woke up and ate half a banana.  During my run, I hydrated with coconut water and ate one gu chomp package.  Well, I guess that helped me cause to my surprise I was able to run under that goal pace!  I felt strong and no pain anywhere.  It was a great Easter run!


No comments:

Post a Comment