Sunday, March 25, 2018

Getting Faster with Dash

This week I was able to run with my favorite running buddy, Dash!  She ran three weekdays with me this week and was able to go faster each time.  I always let her pace me and I never force her to stay up with me.  In fact, that never happens anyway.  I'm always trying to keep up with her pace..LOL!  On Monday we ran 4 miles at a 8:48/mi. pace.  On Wednesday Dash went up 2 miles and we ran 8 miles with some hill work at my "Keller, Killer, Hills" and she forced me to go up at a faster pace and then I had to slow her down when we went downhill.  It was great teamwork.  That day her pace was 8:32/mi. and finished slower than what we started at.  Again, I just followed her pace.  On Thursday, we ran 3 fast miles at 7:37/mi. per mile and didn't really feel like we were going that fast!  It was fun and really enjoy running with her.  She now knows that when I put on my running shoes it's time to run and she starts getting excited and ready to go!  Love her!!

Saturday, I ran my 14 mile run and was able to maintain a 7:50/mi. pace and that's been my fastest pace for this training season.  My nutrition is back in check and weight is where I want it and that makes all the difference!  I'm drinking my coconut water to hydrate naturally and love it!  Eddie is also back to eating clean and he's also losing the weight he wants and we're getting back to where we want.  He's using the KETO diet.  I don't diet, I just eat clean and watch my food portions and that seems to work for me.  Next week is Easter weekend and my 20 miler run!!

No comments:

Post a Comment