Saturday, April 14, 2018

Last 20 Miler Run

Today I ran my last 20 miler and now it's time to taper down for Nashville Rock n' Roll Marathon coming up in two weeks!  I ran 2 minutes slower than my first marathon due to high winds and had to stop for a potty break!  That's okay though, my pace was still where I wanted it to be with 8:02 pace per mile.  I think I might of over ate last night causing me GI issues.  Funny, cause I ate the same thing for dinner as when I ran my first 20 miler, basil pasta with salmon.  I did noticed that the pasta had more sauce, I added sweet potatoes.  Oh well, didn't like stopping but when mother nature call you must do what you gotta do :)

I'll never forget when I ran my first marathon and some lady ran by me and she had crap....like shit going down her leg!  Not kidding!  I could just smell it as she ran by and she just kept running!  I couldn't believe what I was witnessing.  Anyways, I always told myself that would never be me and I don't care about pace, time or placing....if I have to go potty it will be in a restroom....LOL!

Excited about Nashville because I'm going with my two cheerleader girlfriends, Carolyn and Juanita who go with me to some of my marathon travel destinations and make it a girl's trip.  They are not runners, but I did talk them into job/walking the 5K.  I hear it's a hilly course, so I will make sure to put in some more hill work these last two weeks.  I hope for cold weather, but too soon to check it now.  Whatever happens with it, it will be okay.  I'm just happy to be injury free finally and back to my ideal weight.  Looking forward to be able to run another marathon.


No comments:

Post a Comment