Saturday, April 21, 2018

Last Training Run

Today I ran my last long double digit training run of 12 miles.  I decided to run at Bear Creek, but skipped the crazy Keller Killer hills.  I don't want to risk getting hurt this close to my marathon.  Hard to believe that a week from today I will be running the Nashville Rock n' Roll Marathon.  Boy did time fly!  I think I'm ready, but my right hamstring is a little sore.  I rolled as soon as I got home and taking it easy the rest of the day.  It's raining and yucky outside to go anywhere anyway.  I was able to beat the rain and the weather was in the 60s.  The Texas Longhorns were out with their babies.  Love running outdoors in nature.  It was a good run and finished under 8:00 min. per mile.    I had to go work at our school Health/Art Craft Fair at school for 2 hours after running so had to pick up my pace.  However, when I would feel my hamstring pull, I made myself slow down.  It only hurt when I would go faster.  I pray, it gets better for the marathon.  Plan on doing easy runs this week and lots of yoga, core work and of course teach my cycle classes.  I also plan to stick to my nutrition.  Nashville, I worry about your hilly course, but I'm sure it's not as bad as Boston Marathon.  I'm ready to Rock n' Roll all over your city!

No comments:

Post a Comment