Sunday, September 23, 2018

Last 20 Miler Run



Today I ran my last 20 mile run in my training schedule.  I wanted to do it yesterday, but got rained out.  A good thing about not teaching cycle on Sundays anymore is the flexibility of being able to do my long run on either Saturday or Sunday.  This was probably my worst run during this training and it's all my fault.  Eddie and I had a date night with friends last night and got in a little late.  Although I didn't drink alcohol (will not a month out before my marathons) I didn't get my normal carb loading meal the night before.  I also ran out of my salty cliff bloks and no banana for fuel this morning.  One thing you need to make sure you do and get ready the night before to make sure you have everything you need for your run.  Well, since I came in late, I was too tired and went to sleep instead.

Well, I paid for it during my run.  I started to cramp on my turn-around.  I did have my coconut water, but it just wasn't enough.  Thank goodness, Eddie and my little boy came along with me and rode their bikes while I ran.  They were only able to ride 12 miles and stopped to get a bite to eat, while waiting to catch up to me on my turn around.  Once I saw them, I told Eddie that I was hurting and starting to cramp and my right knee was starting to ache.  I also forgot to take my supplements before bedtime, another mistake!  He took off and went to a restaurant to see if they had an orange or banana  he could buy from them and told them what was happening to me.  He said they just gave him an orange.  That was nice of them and after eating that I felt a lot better.  He also filled up my water bottle with water cause I ran out.
Post Run Meal-black bean, goat cheese, avocado burger and sweet potato fries.

So, the point of this post, is to make sure you are getting the proper sleep, stretch night before, take your vitamins, and fuel properly before going for your long runs.  Trust, me a little night of fun isn't worth the pain the next day on your run.  So lesson learned!  Now ready to taper down :)

No comments:

Post a Comment