Sunday, September 16, 2018

Tough Run

This week at work was hectic! I couldn’t wait until Friday to get here.  However, I had to stay late Friday after work and speak at our first PTO meeting at school at 6 p.m.  Afterwards, I headed to co-host a Rodan and Fields Spa Night with my business partner.  It was great meeting new friends, seeing teachers from my previous campus too.  We ate, we laughed, we drank wine and we washed our face and tried skincare products.  It was beautiful and so much fun!  I stayed until 10:30 p.m. and had to get up and run 16 miles next day.  Yes, I was tried, but that event was so worth it.  It was just what I needed after a hard week.  That is one of the reasons I love my Rodan and Fields business.  I love sharing great skincare products that work and help people get healthy skin and lashes!  We are all aging all the time, why not age gracefully?

I woke up Saturday at 6:00 a.m. and started my run by 7:05 a.m.  I normally don’t drink when I’m training for a marathon, but like I said, this past week was hectic...LOL :). I only had one glass of wine, but I’m a light weight and didn’t drink enough water because I felt dehydrated on my run.  I did stop to buy my coconut water, but I ran out and had to stop and get some water at a restaurant on the trail that supplies water for runners.  I did some hill work over at TCU, but had to make a pit stop cause my tummy started to hurt (darn wine).  I felt my left calf muscle wanting to cramp up and had to slow it down and then pick it up again on my turn around.  I tried to stay in the shade as much as I could cause it got hot pretty fast.

I have decided to start taking yoga class on Sundays since I”m not teaching cycle anymore on Sundays.  I feel like my body really needs to stretch more and work on my flexibility and core.  I know that will make me a better runner and just need to make time for it.  I’m a month out from my marathon and next week will be my last 20 miler before I start to taper down.  Praying I stay injury free.

No comments:

Post a Comment