Saturday, November 3, 2018

November Arrives

Hard to believe I haven't written in a month.  Work has been busy, but I'm still running.  It's funny how after you run a marathon I tend to get in a funk.  It's almost like I don't know what to do.  I accomplished a goal and now what??  I still have an appetite as if I'm training, but not running high mileage which in turn makes you gain weight.  And with the holidays here, I tend to indulge more....so not cool, but I just can't help it!  Halloween candy, pumpkin bread, caramel apples, etc.  The temptation is everywhere.  So, I have decided to figure out what winter marathon I want to train for next.  That will keep holiday weight off and help keep me focused on my health during this holiday season!!  It will not be a destination out of state marathon, but maybe something in Texas.  Maybe the Austin Marathon or San Antonio Rock n' Roll one.  Not sure, but will decided and register tomorrow.  

In the meantime, I'm enjoying running with Dash and she is getting up there in milage again now that the temps are much cooler.  Today, we ran 11 miles (meant to run 10, but she wanted more) and she ran fast and I just ran at her pace.  We ran the Keller, Killer Hills and up Bear Creek for some hill work.  She ran non-stop just like her momma likes :)  She loves to run just as much as I do and never knew I would ever have so much fun running with a dog!  She's definitely the best running buddy ever!  Always ready to go as soon as I start to put on my running shoes...LOL! Love her! 

Keep on running!


No comments:

Post a Comment