Wednesday, November 21, 2018

Thanksgiving Break


This week is my Thanksgiving Break.  I was so ready for this week as work has been super busy.   However, I count my blessings and really take the time to reflect on what is really important to me in my life.   Sometimes you just need time to just stop and get rejuvenated. I'm not just talking about letting your body rest from working out a day or two.  I mean, just don't think about anything, and just relax and sleep in a little longer.  It's amazing what an extra hour or two of sleeping in can do to your body.  We  tend to live such a fast and busy life that we neglect what our body needs from eating healthier,  working out, drinking more water, and sleeping more.  Stress is killing people everything and we shouldn't let it take over our lives.  Stay positive during these holidays for I know they can be stressful.  Try and sleep more, drink more water, work on your fitness, eat healthier (okay to splurge Thanksgiving Day), go get a massage or meditate.  Take time to get rejuvenated and just see how much better you will feel.  It's okay to take time to take care of you.  You owe it to your loved ones and yourself.



As I ran my 12 miles this weekend with Dash and when I sat in the deer stand next to my boys watching deer out in nature, I thought  about everything that I am so thankful for.  There is something about being out in nature that brings me inner peace.



This Thanksgiving week, I'm reflecting on what is really important in my life.  I'm thankful for finding my soulmate who is my best friend and amazing father to our boys.  I'm thankful for my family who loves me for all that I am and always there for me no matter what.  I'm thankful for my health, that I'm able run marathons at my age and teach cycle class to help others live a healthy lifestyle.  I'm thankful for running my own skincare business helping others get their confidence back by helping them get healthy skin and beautiful lashes!  I'm thankful for my job as an educational  leader for helping to create future leaders.  Thankful for my running buddy Dash who has grown to be part of our family.  I never knew that I would find a pet dog that would love running as much, if not more than me.  Plus, she can run the long distance with me too!  I'm thankful for life!





Yes, so much to be thankful this holiday season.  I hope that you take time to take care of you.  May you have a blessed, restful, Thanksgiving Day with your loved ones.

No comments:

Post a Comment