Friday, February 15, 2019

Austin Bound

I'm off to Austin Marathon!  I've been doing great up until last weekend! Work has been so stressful with my new position as I coordinate STAAR testing for 3rd-8th grade.  I had to skip some runs,  work weekends and long hours during the week too.  I was warned that this would be a HUGE job and they weren't kidding!  My nutrition went to hell and I didn't sleep enough.  I also didn't hydrate enough.  I ate fast food, sweets at work cause it was Valentine's Day week and as educators, people feed us sweets this week!  Hell, I even bought donuts for our staff and yes, I ate one too!!!  I NEVER eat donuts, but the stress got the best of me this week.  Needless to say, I felt weak and like crap all week and really worry about my Austin Marathon.  I had to cancel cycle classes this week and worked late almost every day this week.  However, I was able to run 2x this week.  Because it was after dark when I got home, I had to run at the gym on the treadmill.  I ran 8 miles one day and 6 miles another day. 

So glad this work week is over for it's taken a toll on my body and I even skipped my doctor appointment.  I did reschedule it and made it up today  and feel much better.  However, I know that I'm not 100% and just plan to listen to my body and if I have to walk some, that is just what I will do to finish and not kill myself!  I just pray I finish injury free.  I plan to run 2 miles as my shake off run nice and easy.  I plan to sleep in tomorrow and just run whenever I wake up.  I'm exhausted and could probably sleep until noon if I could.  Eddie and Noah are with me on this marathon trip.  It's Noah's first time to come to Austin and he's so excited.  So, I told him I would wake up whenever he wakes up and we'll go give him the grand tour of Austin tomorrow. 

No comments:

Post a Comment