Monday, April 22, 2019

April Showers Bring May Flowers

So, I know I have been slacking on my blog.  Work has been a little hectic, but still continue to run which is my stress reliever and will never stop running.  Well, not anytime soon anyways.  I didn't run the Arlington Half Marathon because it got moved to the fall.  Since this is the first time to do this, the organization wanted to have more time to organize well.

I will not run a spring marathon, but maybe go the mountains this summer while on school summer break that I may just go run one in the mountains somewhere.  I was able to run a 20 mile run with Dash and she's still doing great.  However, now that the weather is getting warmer, she does stop for more frequent water breaks.  She still takes off super fast, but then slows down as her body temperature rises and her pace isn't as fast like the cooler temps.  She's just like her momma, I also love and run much faster in the fall and winter season.  I never push her and always run at her pace.  



I have signed up to run a couple fun runs like 5K and 10Ks with friends and looking forward to it.  I continue to work on strength training at least twice a week and continue to teach cycle twice a week.  Once I get done with testing at work, my schedule will go back to normal and hope to start training again for my next marathon.  Right now, I'm thinking about doing Route 66 Marathon, but still looking to see what other one out of state I can do.
Dash and I have enjoyed all the beautiful flowers and bluebonnets on our runs.  We has a blessed Easter weekend and praise God for all the blessing in my life.  Until next time, keep on running!



No comments:

Post a Comment