Wednesday, June 22, 2022

Summer Vacation is Here


It's June and that means it time to do the 30 Day Summer Challenge where you are required to run/jog/ or walk at least one mile every day.  I do this every year with friends and it keeps me in check with my fitness.  

Well, since Big Sur Marathon, I have scaled back my running and started doing more strength training.  I found a good training guide and will try to stick with it for summer.  It's not easy, as it requires no sugar and must eat at least 6 times a day with drinking lots of water.  So far, I have lost the inches and weight I wanted, but when on vacation, it can be a struggle.  I plan not to beat myself up if I have a cheat meal here or there.  I'll just make sure not to get carried away.  I'm really liking the muscles I'm developing.  I only have 3 weeks of vacation and will try to be good on my nutrition while gone.  Eating lots of salads while on vacation is one of my goals.  

Right now, we are having our family vacation with my youngest son, Noah and his best friend from school.  Noah planned out where he wanted to go to this year since the other boys will not be joining us this year.  He choose to go to states he hasn't visited yet.  We went to Memphis and Nashville, TN. and then headed on out to the Smoky Mountains in North Carolina.  

                 


                  

Memphis was super hot and humid and we only stayed one  night.  Eddie and I went to go see Elvis's Graceland and WOW.  It was very impressive!  He truly is the most talented and beautiful man EVER!  

Nashville, TN was also hot, but very touristy.  We only stayed 2 nights and that was more than enough.  It was too much of a party scene and not very country at all.  Not many people wore cowboy hats/boots and not a lot of places played country music.  Eddie was not impressed.  It was cool to see live music everywhere you go, including shopping mall and Taco Bell.... LOL!!  And EVERYONE knows how to sing really good in Nashville.

 

North Carolina was super nice and loved the cooler weather and lot of fun activities to do with the boys.  We stayed at a very nice Air B&B in the mountains and they had miniature pony's and goats at the place.  It was great!  Eddie and I jogged/walked down and up the road that was 1.5 miles roundtrip of crazy hills!!  It was such a great workout.   

What else did we do here in North Carolina??  WE went to visit the towns of Canton, Asheville, Gatlinburg, and Clyde.  We hiked, zipped lined through the mountains, did a mountain coaster, swam by water falls, slide down a rock to swim, built a fire in 50 degree weather at night and cooked hot dogs/ marshmallows under the stars and went water rafting down the French Broad River.  Needless to say, after a week, we are exhausted; but we had the best road trip with my boys and his friend.

Up next, Spain with Eddie to celebrate our wedding anniversary.  

Keep on running!




No comments:

Post a Comment