Sunday, October 9, 2022

Fall Marathon Season is Here



So much has happened since we got back from our 17th anniversary trip in Spain.  We had the best time and yes, I still want to retire and live in Barcelona, Spain.  I love the food, people and culture.  It also helps that I speak Spanish too!  Spending alone time with my Babe is a must every year.  We go back to dating and and remember why we fell in love in the first place.  We come back rejuvenated and our boys appreciate that too.






 Now that fall is here.  It's back to fall marathon training.  I signed up Indianapolis Monumental Marathon on November 5, 2022.  A good friend of mine is doing it with me and our husbands are coming with us too.  I'm looking forward to it for this will be a new state for me.  October is finally here and the cooler weather is coming in making it the best season to fun in.  Fall is my favorite time of year!  I love everything pumpkin, full moon nights, and time to pull out the boots, jackets and jeans!!


I ran my first 5K race for Octoberfest this month and this was my first race since my ankle strain last fall.  I was nervous and haven't train a lot on speed work, but I just decided to give it a shot and run my best.  I was shocked when they called my name for 1st place for overall Master's Female.  I tried to catch up to that young chick in front of me, but she must of hear my loud huffing and puffing that she speed up and I just couldn't catch up.  My finish time was 23:03 at pace of 7:25 and 4th of 131 all females.  I'm really happy with that and grateful to still able to kick some booty!!



Yesterday, we finished our first 20 miler as part of my marathon training.  I walked a lot on our turn around due to GI issues.  I must of ate too many of macaroon cookies from our dinner with friends night before.  Oh well, not all run will go as planned.  Just keep on moving even if that means you have to walk or stop for potty breaks LOL!



Dash and I run a lot faster in the cold.  Crazy that she still run this much with me at 6 years old.  However, I'm not sure if I'll ever run as fast as I used to before I got COVID.  Or it may be that I'm older and just can't keep up with the same pace of when I started running marathons.  Whatever the reason, I'm still running and really don't care about speed/pace.  Now-a-days, I'm just happy to continue to run as long as I'm not injured.  

Till next time, keep on running!!


No comments:

Post a Comment