Sunday, June 3, 2018

Hello June

School is finally out and able to get back to my blog.  Work has slowed down and my summer break begins June 5th which happens to be on my birthday!  We are taking our family vacation and taking our boys to the Grand Canyon and other state national parks along the way.  Super excited!  I love doing all the outdoor activities with my boys and love the mountains.  I can honestly see myself retiring and living in Colorado.  We purchased a trailer in the fall and this will be our first road trip with it.

As for my running,  I haven't stopped.  I'm running 20 miles a week during my off season.  I just now do it without worrying about my pace/time and just run for fun!  I'm also focusing on my running buddy Dash.  I'm trying to build up her mileage little by little.  She's been running up to 10 miles with no problem and today, she ran a half marathon!!!  I ran at her pace and she finished in 2:00:58 at 9:13 pace per mile.  All last week the temperatures were in the 100's and way to hot for even I to run outside much less her.  I took my runs to the gym and ran on the treadmill.  Not fun, but protecting my skin from sun damage. Now that I'm a Rodan and Fields Consultant, there is no way I'll reverse and get those ugly dark spots caused by sun again.  I never leave the house without my sunscreen and cap!

Today, the weather was cooler in the 70's and it was cloudy which was even better.  My goal was to run 10 miles and include the Keller killer hills for hill work, but she was doing great, weather felt good that we kept going.  I made sure to stop for water breaks.  We also would stop to take pics and walked some too.  The Texas Longhorns were out with their babies and they scared her and she would bark at them and back away...LOL.  She's such a wuss and always gets close to me when other dogs come our way :).  However, when she barks, she sounds like a guard dog.  I think I'm going to buy a dog harness with lease that goes around my waist for running.  I would like to start running hands free with her.  I'll try it once we get back from our trip.  I'm worried about leaving her behind and we are going to board her at a place that has security cameras were we can watch her while away.   That makes me feel a little better.  They also will walk her 3 times and give her play time in the yard which she will need to release energy.  I'll miss running with her, but looking forward to running in the mountains with my man.  I can't wait!!

No comments:

Post a Comment