Sunday, July 29, 2018

Summer Vacation Ends


We are back from Europe and had the best time in Venice, Italy.  I have to admit that I was only able to run 2 days from the two weeks on vacation.  We got lucky and stayed at a place close to a park, but it wasn't easy getting there and had to dodge traffic to get there.  So, we only did that one time.  Of course Eddie went with me for this is all new to us and he would never let me go venture out on my own.  I ran at his pace and then once we got there, I ran two miles on my own while he waited for me on a bench at the park.  It was a nice park and and had a bike route as well.  Lots of people out on it when we ran it.  The other time I ran 6 miles at a gym and Eddie worked out.  I really didn't worry too much about gaining weight because we would walk almost 10 miles everyday.  We were always on the go shopping, eating, sight seeing and taking it all in.




The people over there are so laid back and you hardly see any obese people.  I learned that in Italy (maybe all Europe) their food is GMO free and everything is fresh and organic!  I swear I have never eaten so much pizza, bread and gelato in my life and I came back home not gaining any weight!  Eddie and I weigh the same as the day we left and ate everything we wanted and never felt bloated, tired or full.  I wish the states had that law of being GMO free!  We meet some great friends and I even meet some girls interested in Lash Boost.  Who knows maybe one day Rodan and Fields will Launch in Europe so making my connections and meeting great friends there!



The weather over there was perfect, in the 80s and low 90s.  Eddie and I rode on a gondola boat for our anniversary date our first day there.  That was the most romantic thing ever especially since he proposed to me on one in Los Colinas, Texas 13 years ago.  Seeing the real thing was so awesome!  We also took a train and went to Verona to see Juliet's home from Romero and Juliet movie.  I stood on her balcony and mini museum inside her home that was pretty cool to see.  Eddie and I shopped so much and got lots of cool things like clothes, shoes, belts, and leather purses. We had a blast and next year, it's my year to pick where we go for our anniversary trip.  Not sure if it will be Europe, but we'll see.


I was able to complete my Pandora bracelet with a Venice gondola!


I also got great news, as I returned home.  I was offered the Assistant Principal position in my district and I have accepted it.  It's a promotion for me and super excited to start the next chapter in my career  being able to support our bilingual community.   I also plan to running the Oregon Marathon in October for my fall marathon and my training started this weekend.  It's going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment