Saturday, December 29, 2018

Christmas Break is Here!

Cold runs have arrived and I love it!  I ran the BMW Dallas Half Marathon and very happy with my time.  I didn’t get a new PR, but had a few hills on the course and made my right hamstring want to cramp up.  Not sure what is going on with that thing.  It’s been bugging me since the Fort Worth Half Marathon race In November.  Oh well,  I feel like as I get older, more aches and pains seem to happen more often.




Work has been super busy and hectic that EVERYONE was ready for this break.  I missed some of my scheduled marathon training runs, but super pumped to get back at it.  I plan to run, do some yoga, and strength training these next two weeks.  I will not teach cycle for they cancelled the evening classes due to the holidays and put in for a sub the other day.  Eddie wants us to go to deer lease with him for two days and his last time to hunt before he has suregery on his shoulder.  I always like to go to camp out, relax and get way for all the holiday hustle and stress that goes with this holiday season.

Holidays can be so stresful and I  don’t like that I waited until the last minute to do all my Christmas shopping. I’m always on the go and try and make sure to make good choices and not eat fast food.  If it’s fast food, it’s a salad of some sort.  However, I always tend to gain weight during the time of year.  It’s all the parties/festivities and yes, I tend to splurge every now and then.  I think the only thing that saves me is my Austin marathon training.  I love to run on Christmas Day.  It’s so quiet and peaceful.  It’s a time for me to reflect and think about all the blessings in my life and thank the good Lord.


Dash is doing great with running long distance with me and I’m super proud of her.  She’s fast and her endurance is outstanding!  She ran 18 miles with me today and only stopped once for a water break.  She picked up right where she left off and kept me going on the super cold and windy run today.  I would of never believed that there would be a dog that could this far.  So glad I ran that article in Runner’s World about best dogs to run with.  I have found the perfect running buddy for me and I love her so much!


Keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment