Saturday, January 5, 2019

First Half Marathon of 2019



Today the weather was perfect for a good half marathon with my running buddy, Dash.  I decided to get some hill work in today and we ran the Keller Killer Hills.  Dash kept a good pace the whole time and stopped once for a quick piss.  It's funny, how when she has to go, she just comes to a complete stop ad don't move until she is done.  Lots of people where out and about walking their dogs, people out on the golf course, cyclist and joggers.  When people see us coming, they always wave at us or hear awww and we run by them.  However, get big dog come up to her....she freaks out!  She goes right by me and sometimes goes off course.  She cracks me up!  She's gotten to be such a good runner and her endurance is amazing!  I think next week is my first 20 miler run, so I'll see how she handles that.  That will be the longest run I will ever run with her.  And of course, I will never push her and always run a her pace.  I do stop for water breaks too, but usually she won't drink unless it's over 10 mile runs.  I did test both Strava and my Garmin watch to see what the difference is in GPS, and it was about the same.


It's been so great running with her almost everyday while I have been on holiday break.  It's going to be hard to go back to work on Monday to the grind, but looking forward to relieving my stress by running and getting ready for the Austin Marathon coming up in February.  Yes, my running is what keeps me sane LOL :)!!

Keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment