Saturday, January 19, 2019

Dash Runs 20 Miles

SHE DID IT!  Super stoked, that my running buddy, Dash ran her first long 20 mile run with me last weekend!  The weather was in the 40s and perfect for this run.  I ran on my favorite trail in Fort Worth, Trinity Trails that is.  This trail is 70+miles and I love it because there are no stoplights or cars that get in your way.   You can just run without stopping, if you wish.  However, be careful with the cyclist.  Sometimes, they go too fast so, make sure you don't have your headphone full blast so you can hear them.  Like most trails, you always need to be aware and watch your surrounding.  There have been a couple girls attacked on this trail.  

Dash only stopped once for water break and wanted to keep going.  Her endurance is outstanding!  I always run at her pace and never push her.  In fact, she paces me and she's fast like her momma too :)
Her time was 2:45 at 8:15 pace per mile and that's awesome.  It's has been so fun to finally take her on my long runs.  I just had to be patient and wait until she was 24 months old to run long runs.  It was worth the wait.  This is the first marathon training she has done with me and she loves running with me!  As soon as I put my shoes on, she is ready to go!  
I got my new Mizuno Inspire Wave 14.

This morning, I ran the Bold in the Cold 15K by Lake Grapevine.  I always run this race for the course and scenery is nice.  However, the weather today was brutal!  It was 35 degrees (felt like 21) and 30 mph strong gust wind with a little snow when we started.  I was so glad it didn't rain cause that would of really sucked!  I can handle cold and even wind, but not cold and rain!  

I couldn't wait to run and haul ass to get warm fast.  I ran into a couple of friends I haven't seen in a while and always fun to see them.  That's what I love about the running community, we always cheer, encourage and support each other.  Some may call us CRAZY, but I call us DEDICATED, UNSTOPPABLE people who love working on their fitness to stay healthy.  Honestly, I'm a better friend, wife, mom, etc. because of my running.  Yes, it keeps me sane and make me very happy :)

The wind was so strong that my cap flew off my head twice and had to go back and get it.  There were times that I felt like I was going to get blown away and other times, I felt I was moving in slow motion.  Once I took off, I just ran fast and didn't slow down much.  My pace was 7:25 per mile.  I got placed first in my age group and super happy with that!  The wind must of pushed me all the way to the finish...LOL!  They gave us mugs instead of metals which is a nice change and something we can use.

Keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment