Monday, May 27, 2019

Memorial Day Half Marathon

School is finally out and able to get back into my running.  I'm able to let go of the stress, get to sleep enough again, get my nutrition back on track!  No excuses now.  I need to focus on my next fall marathon and train again.  I got a little bit before I begin that training, but for now,  I'll just run about 20 miles a week to maintain my endurance.  I'll also focus on more strength training.  




Today is Memorial Day and decided to take Dash for a half marathon run as we remember our fallen heroes.  It's because of them that we have our freedom today.  It was nice to see that there were a lot of people out on the trails.  We started running at 7:00 a.m. and it was already 75 degrees.  I knew that this was not going to be a fast run and took it easy with Dash.  Of course, she gets super excited and always sprints the first mile, but then chills and once she gets warmed up and she keeps a good steady pace.  We had two water breaks, but kept going.


Dash is the has grown up to be a full grown, strong, marathon runner!  So happy my husband decided to get her for me as my Valentines's Day gift.  Keep on running!
May 2016 as a pup
May 2019



No comments:

Post a Comment