Monday, September 7, 2020

Labor Day Half Marathon


Today, I decided to get up and go run a half marathon with Dash.  It wasn't that hot, but let Dash lead the way and ran at her pace, nice and easy.  We've been running 10 miles on Saturday as my long run after running my virtual Big Sur marathon on my own in April.  Ever since this whole Coronavirus mess started and all live race events have been cancelled, I have been in a funk.  I mean, I was really looking forward to running Big Sur.  However, I understand the safety of all our health outweighs getting COVID-19.  It still sucks.  COVID-19 has ruined a lot of things we enjoy in life.  Eddie and I survived it and I don't wish it on anyone.  This virus continues to kills thousands of people everyday.  


My running continues to give me the escape to meditate and relieve stress.  Our summers here in Texas are  so freakin hot, that I have to wake up extra early to beat that hot sun beating on my face.  In the month of August, I didn't run everyday like in July, but did run almost everyday.  I sometimes feel unmotivated because I feel a little lost not knowing what marathon I will run in the fall.  I really want to do one out of state and run in a state I haven't ran yet.  But, I just haven't had a chance to see what is available, because most live events are cancelled.  And doing a virtual marathon sucks, but hey.  It keeps me sane!  

                                       

I haven't been able to run fast at all.  Maybe it's the heat or maybe it's the effect of Coronavirus.  Although it's out of my body, maybe it messed me up.  I went to the 24 Hour Fitness for the first time since March in August.  I went to see my favorite instructor teach Body Pump, but I had to drive far to do it.  Most of the 24 Fitness Clubs I went to have closed.  They filed bankruptcy.  COVID-19 has closed a lot of businesses and our economy is not doing good at all.  Schools have started back up and teachers and students testing positive for COVID in some districts.  We go back to school on Sept. 14th for in person learning for students/parents who chose to do that.  While others who chose to stay home will continue with online teaching.  Our teachers are stressed out and learning innovative ways to keep students engaged while teaching them online.  I hope it works out for everyone when we all return to school. I've working on and off from home and have done a ton of ZOOM meetings.

               

Noah will be going to school with me this year.  He's not looking forward to me being his AP, but I told him if he gets in trouble, I'll let male AP handle him...LOL!  He's in all Pre AP classes and ready to met new friends and go to school.  Fabian has started nursing school and is spending a lot of time studying.  I'm so proud of him and pray he doesn't lose his passion to be the first in our family to be a male bilingual nurse.  Mason, got a job in his field of environmental studies.  I'm super happy for him.  Taylor's baby girl turned one last weekend and she is just precious.  I think I want her to call me MiMa because Eddie doesn't like Glama.  LOL!  Who know what she's call me.  It just may be something else. I'm so proud of all our boys love them so much!


August was a hard month.  Lots of death hit close to home from friends family and Eddie's uncle passed away.  These are differently hard times, but I just choose to stay positive.  My mom is sad because she's not seeing her family like she used to because we all want to protect her.  Now that I'm okay, I try to go over there when she invites us to go eat dinner with her.  She needs this to keep her company and help her not worry about us.  I'm just blessed he is healthy and pray she stays this way.

                   

There have been a couple of virtual runs I registered for just to keep me motivated.  I did a couple with Dash and finished my 100 mile Summer Challenge run.  I continue to run the Run the Year 2020 and hope I get 2020 by December 31st!  That's my goal this year.  Till next time, stay safe and keep on running! 



 

No comments:

Post a Comment