Sunday, February 14, 2021

Happy Valentine's Day

This month has really turned out to be a great one. I'm back to running again...FINALLY! The best thing is that I'm back on a training schedule. I'm training for my first race at the end of this month. I'm going to train differently though. My PT tells me I need to train with time and heartrate vs. weekly milage. He doesn't want me to focus on pace and just work on running with good form, slowly. I agreed and we worked out a training schedule and so happy to run again. Pain free!!  


Dash is super happy too to be able to run again with me. She's such a great running buddy. I'm so happy we got her. I understand now why they call them "Velco Vizslas" because she is very attached to me. 
We ran our first long run this weekend and it was 21 degrees COLD outside.  It was the coldest run we have ever ran together and she did good.  I made sure to bundle her up and I even covered my face this time to run.

Anyway, I'm registered to run The Border to Badlands Ultra-Marathon race. I'll be running the half-marathon and it's close to Del Rio, Texas. That's the town I was born in and have an uncle that lives there. I may go and visit him. I also have family across the border in Acuna, Mexico. However, I thought Eddie will want to cross over to visit them. I'm super excited and can't wait to race again. I may have to walk-jog it, but I don't care! 



This month I also picked up on doing cycle, Body Pump, and Yoga classes at the gym. I'm getting back into my fitness routine. The hard part is getting back to eating clean again. This whole injury and not working out like I used to really got me in a funk. I gained 10 lbs and I'm having a hard time getting it off. Eddie is in a winter cooking mood and sometimes, it's not so healthy, but it's so yummy. I need to have more self control, I know, I know. 

 It's been a great month of LOVE and hope everyone had a wonderful Valentine's Day!

He is the 🔥 FIRE in my heart.

The superhero in my life.

The one I will always LOVE❤️.

The one who protects me at night.

The one who will always be there.

He is my one and only.

He is my firefighter, my everything!







No comments:

Post a Comment