Sunday, April 11, 2021

I'm Back






It's hard to believe that we are already in April and the last time I logged into this site was on Valentine's Day.  So much has happened that it almost seems like a dream and I need someone to wake me up.  

My beautiful niece of 26 years old passed away unexpectedly and that has been so hard for my brother and family to take in.  She left behind a two year old and 2 month old baby boy.  It's one thing when you are old or you have cancer and know that your time is coming to an end eventually, but when your are young, full of life, and don't see it coming....well it just sucks.  


We all deal with grief differently and for me, I run and run a lot more.  It's my meditation and my escape for a few hours.  After my niece's funeral my brother got COVID and was admitted to the hospital with pneumonia in both of his lungs.  I thought, I can't handle another funeral and told him to please fight for my mom couldn't handle if something happened to him.  I love my family so much and there is nothing I wouldn't do for them all.  

I'm happy to say he is out of hospital and doing fine now, but I know he will never be the same after loosing his baby girl.  I see her babies and it's just heartbreaking know that they will not get to know their beautiful momma.  It's hard, but I know that her babies have a lot of love from both side of the family.  Her her husband will do anything for his boys.  He's a good guy and I pray for them to get through these hard times.

Fort Worth, Texas made national news with a 133 vehicle pileup wreak on 1-35.  Six people lost their lives and Eddie was on call to go help his fellow firemen with supplies to help out.  We had a winter storm and so many people lost power and water for a week.  We had to cancel school for a week and that had never happened before.  I counted my blessings for my family didn't loose power/water.  Thank you Jesus!!

It was hard to see, but life goes on.  In other positive news.  Our boy Mason got to finally walk the stage for his Texas A & M Graduation.  It was nice that they honored them and gave them a chance to do it even though it was a year later.  Our oldest boy is going to be a dad for the 2nd time and expecting their baby in December.  My mom, Eddie, two of my brothers to their COVID shot and I'll be getting my 2nd shot tomorrow.  I feel better that mom was finally brave enough to get her shot.

As for my tibial stress fracture.  I have been running slow with my Dash.  I have been feeling better.  I'm still following my training schedule my PT did for me.  Instead of miles I'm running on minutes and not worrying about distance or pace.  It's kinds nice not to worry about that.  I'm just happy to run again and will do anything to not feel that pain again.  I have to think of my long term goals and not get so impatient. It's not easy, but worth it in the end.

Fast forward to yesterday.  I ran my first 20 mile run with Dash as my pacer.  She is such a great training buddy and I always run at her pace and take lots of water breaks for her.  That forces me to stop and walk before I get going again.  My pace was 8:43 for my 20 mile run and the weather was in the 50's.  It was nice and cool.  I was scheduled to run 150 minutes, but I felt great and decided to keep going and almost ran 3 hours with Dash.  This will probably be the only 20 mile run for Dash because the weather will be getting warmer and she can't run more than 20 miles.  I won't run her in warm weather.  I ran pain free and that means that I will probably be able to run my full marathon this spring after all.  I plan to run it in two weeks before it gets too hot.  Like Dash, I don't do well in the heat for hours of running.  I will finally run my Dallas BMW Virtual Marathon that I wasn't able to do in the fall due to my injury.  I already got my medal and feel like I have to go earn it now.

It's time to taper down and pray for good weather when I run it in a couple weeks :)  Until then keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment