Sunday, April 18, 2021

Dallas BMW Marathon Conquered 2021



 Well, yesterday I did something really crazy

I finally ran my Dallas BMW Marathon on my own. It’s crazy because marathoners usually taper off after for a couple weeks after 20 mile run before running the full marathon. The weather was just too nice to pass up. Plus, marathons in warm/hot weather is not fun, especially, in Texas. So, I decided to listen to my body, take it easy and just go for it! I wasn’t gonna do it for time, or any certain pace, I just wanted to finish it. I tested my body to see if I could do it. 
Well, guess what? I'm excited to say, I freaking did it! This just goes to show that anything is possible when your mindset is right. The weather was super windy on my way back. I felt like I was running in slow motion. Another challenge was that I ran without eating my banana in the morning like I usually do. The only fuel I had was my Amino Energy and one Clif Salted Watermelon Bloks. I also didn't carb load like I usually do the night before. I actually just ate a chicken salad for dinner. I probably won't do that again. I started to get hungry pretty quick halfway through my marathon. It was hard to stay motivated with no spectators to cheer you on.  
 



However, my running podcasts and music kept me going. I’m glad it’s over and now I can can concentrate on working on weight strength training, core work and shorter easy runs until fall marathon training season. 


Enjoy this cool weather while we have it
❤️😊. Keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment