Sunday, August 1, 2021

Summer Break 2021 Ends





It's been a busy last couple of months at work.  However, I still managed to take three weeks of vacation.  This year we took our family vacation in Destin, FL. with our boys, my mom and Taylor took his wife and baby girl.  We rented a condo for a week and had a great time.  I still pack my running shoes everywhere we go and continue to run for fun.  I love seeing new sights while running when I travel.




After we got back from that Destin vacation,  Eddie and I packed to great ready for our next adventure.  He and I went to Croatia for our wedding anniversary the next day.  Eddie was able to get our flight tickets for cheap as not that many people were traveling due to COVID-19.  For Americans, Europe still didn't open but he found that Croatia was the only one showing on green level and open for US travelers.  So, he didn't have to tell me twice.  We booked it and was even able to travel First Class both ways.  That was SOOO nice to be able to lay down and sleep on our way up there.  











I ran on most days that I could in Croatia and it was beautiful.  I have never seen so many tall, beautiful people.  I mean, like taller than Eddie, tall!  We met new friends and did a lot of fine dining.  It was warm in some of the islands we went to.  I came back super dark/tan.  My mom said she hadn't seen me that dark since middle school.  I told her I've been on vacation for three weeks at the beach, so that's why lol!

Eddie and I hiked, saw beautiful blue caves, went zip lining, went sailing, went shopping, and ate lots of fresh fish and gelato.  They have the most beautiful flowers everywhere.  We also had the best organic white wine from one of the islands we visited.  We went to King's Landing in Dubrovnik from Game of Thrones movie and we were in awwh with all the old medieval times buildings.  So much history there!

We also saw the most beautiful lakes in the world at Plitvicka Jezera Naional Park and went on a boat ride with Eddie.  Eddie even drove for the first time in Europe.  That was interesting...  Eddie did get food poisoning couple days before going home that he went to the ER for fluids and antibiotics. He was better within 24 hours.  We did have to get COVID tested to show negative results before going home.  Thank goodness we were both negative.  This is a trip we'll never forget for sure.

Now that I'm home it's time to figure out what fall marathon I want to train for.  August is alway the hottest month of the year in Texas, so maybe I can find a November/December marathon.  Pray that I'll able to run the Big Sur Marathon in 2022.  


I missed my Dash and happy to be back stop my stomping grounds.  Keep on running!


No comments:

Post a Comment