Sunday, October 3, 2021

Hello Fall Season


Super happy that fall season is finally here.  It's my favorite time of year/season and running in it is the best!  I have registered for two fall marathons this season.  I feel like I am fully recovered from my previous injury and now time to train again.  I've been taking it easy though.  I have 10 lbs I am working on loosing since COVID shutdowns.  It hasn't been easy as running outside.  It's way too hot here in Texas during the summer.  Work has be stressful and I've been stress eating which is out of the norm for me. 

                                       

However, now that the weather is cooling off, I'm starting to pick up my milage and sticking to my marathon training schedule.  I've also cut off processed sugar, carbs and alcohol to get me there faster.  My first marathon is Loco Marathon in New Hampshire.  It's one a friend of mine told me about and it's suppose to be a flat and fast race.  Plus, that is a new state for me to run in.  Eddie and I booked our trip and we are going at the end of this month.  He's also excited to see the fall foliage.  They say the marathon route provides runners with iconic fall foliage views along the country roads.  I'm really looking forward to get out of Texas and actually see beautiful fall trees.  

Dash continues to run with me during my training runs.  I do watch the heat and make sure she runs on the grass or gravel trails.  We also take lots of water breaks and run a lot slower than before.  Not sure if it's the Texas heat or the extra 10 lbs I'm carrying.  Either way, I'm not running fast.  I plan to run this October marathon for fun and then really train for pace for my marathon number two this fall.

I registered to run the Dallas BMW Marathon in December.  That will be the other one I plan to do in person.  Yes, I know, kinda crazy to do two so close together.  Well, I've done it before.  I did it when I ran the Cowtown Ultra Marathon and then two weeks later I ran the Washington DC full marathon.  Okay, I was younger then, but if I go slow, I know I can do it.  After these two marathons, I'll start getting ready for my spring marathon.  I'm finally going to run my Big Sur Marathon this April, 2022.  This is one that got cancelled due to COVID-19 shutdowns back in 2020.  I had to wait two years for this one and I'm not letting nothing get in my way.  This is a bucket list marathon for me and it's suppose to be a tough one too.  So, I don't want to wait and do it later for I'm not getting any younger LOL!!

                                                            

This summer has been interesting for Eddie found his biological father.  He found out that he is the oldest of 7 siblings.  We met his father who lives in New Mexico in July.  We then went to visit his two sisters in Colorado and this month we traveled to San Diego to meet one of his brothers.  It's been an adventure for sure.  

           

I always wanted to visit San Diego.  I of course, packed my running shoes and went running while there to continue my marathon training.  The weather there is perfect.  I did get a little turned around in my new surroundings, but Eddie took an uber to pick me up LOL!  They say the weather is always nice year round.   I loved it there and his brother and family are good people.  I'm so glad we found them.  

                                             Happy Fall and keep on running!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment