Sunday, November 14, 2021

Loco Marathon 2021


                                                Photo from my marathon trail.

My Loco Marathon fall run was beautiful.  It was held in New Market, New Hampshire.  Eddie and I had the best time.  We stayed in a small cottage by a lake and the views were amazing.  We got there in time to see some fall foliage.  The first thing we did was go on a row boat ride on the lake.  It was very peaceful.


We were in San Diego on the west coast and a week later we were on the far opposite east side.  That is the furtherest he and I have ever traveled to in U.S.A.  We rented a jeep and drove to see the fall colors and ran into an interesting pumpkin patch.  Eddie looked it up and come to find out, it's one of the scariest haunted houses at nighttime called Haunted Overload.  It's a southern New Hampshire Family Fun Farm called DeMerritt Hill Farm in Lee, New Hampshire.  





The seafood there is delicious and we ate some pizza for my carb load the night before my run for dinner.  I have eaten this before a marathon, but this one was a bit heavy and it just didn't sit well on my stomach. I ended up with some GI issues during my run and had to run/walk some.  However, once I got it out of system, I was able to continue all the way to the finish.  This was my slowest marathon time since my very  first marathon back in Dallas 2012.  I'm also still carrying 10 lbs more since before COVID and I just can't seem to get rid of it (but not giving up).  Despite all my challenges, I'm happy to have experience this run and it was even more special because I ran into my Texas friend and dentist, Nikki.  It was nice to run into my fellow Texan amiga.  




After the marathon, we drove to Kennebunkport, ate some good food and enjoyed live music with the locals.  I walked my soreness and enjoyed the cool weather an sights.  I started to feel my right shine splints start to flare up and prayed that injury would return again this year.  I need to work on doing a better job of stretching out more.  I need to get back into yoga again we I get back. 


              

At night, we drove back to the pumpkin patch to experience Haunted Overload at night.  I have to admit, I was a little freaked out when we got there.  They had lights that lit up the forrest and they had scary actors.  One was a headless horseman riding a real horse and they had him riding in fog, with scary music and the moon behind him.  That was our entrance.  Holy crap!  Eddie got a kick of me screaming throughout the whole thing and I came out with sweaty armpits...LOL!  One of the best I have ever been to...I have to admit :)







On our final day we drove up to Maine for some shopping and ate our last meal before heading to the airport.  It was a rainy morning and clam chowder hit the spot and so yummy!  



Up next is BMW Dallas Marathon in December and just pray I'm able to finish injury free.  I'm still teaching cycle twice a week and if I have to lay off some of my running to not over run and get shin splints again, I can at least cycle.  However, I will try to keep up with my training schedule, but will listen to my body if I hurt.  Till next time, keep on running!






No comments:

Post a Comment