Tuesday, December 28, 2021

Avulsion Fracture During Holidays



On Monday, December 21st I finally got in to see doc. and received bad and good news.  My x-ray results show I have a small avulsion fracture.  Bad news 👎. That occurs when a small chunk of bone attached to a tendon or ligament gets pulled away from the main part of the bone.


                                                                

Good news - I don’t have to wear a boot, can lift weights and teach cycle (as long as I take it easy out of the seat)👍! Treatment of an avulsion fracture typically includes resting, applying heat and icing the affected area, followed by controlled exercises that help restore range of motion, improve muscle strength and promote bone healing.  I also learned how to tape my sprained ankle for extra support.  This tape can last up to 3 days🙌!  I just need to not run for a month which means 2 weeks down, 2 to go AND then I should be good to start training for my Big Sur Marathon in the spring 😁❤️!!

                                                    

I still had a great Christmas with family.  I am going a little stir crazy along with Dash, but it's been nice to sleep in and finally get some good sleep.  Now time to focus on strength training and try to loose the extra holiday pounds LOL!!   


No comments:

Post a Comment