Sunday, January 23, 2022

I Went For a Second Opinion

                                                   

On Tuesday, January 18th I went to see another Podiatrist, Dr. Inglima that was highly recommended by two of my teachers.  Since the first doctor rubbed me the wrong way and doesn't really understand athletes.  Dr. Inglima works with Orthopedic Surgeons and if I was to have surgery, I would definitely go them and not just a foot doctor.  He looked at my ex-rays and MRI results and told me the same thing the other doctor said.  After examining my foot and moving it certain way, he said I don't need surgery.  He did say for me to continue to wear the boot for 10 days and then he wants me to switch to and ankle brace.   Then he wants me to come see him in 4 weeks.

                                                     

Eddie went with me and he said the really likes this doctor.  I wish he wasn't that far away, but from work he's about 15 miles away.  It's about 45 minutes from our house.  He also has office hours at the Fort Worth location which is about 25 minutes from my house.  I've gained 10 lbs. since I sprained it and it's really hard to keep it off.  I still have an appetite as if I was still running....NOT Bueno!  Eddie did say he wants to get back on KETO diet. I told him okay, lets do it together.  Lately, I've been walking around with no energy and in a funk.  My body is gaining inches and I'm not liking what I see in the mirror.  I am doing better with drinking my daily dose of water intake.  I told myself that if I can't exercise, I'll at least make myself drink required water.  

I'll continue to do the online free workouts online, but it's a struggle.  I do it to keep my circulation moving.  The Fort Worth Stock Show is in town and I don't care if I'm wearing a boot.  I'm still going to enjoy what I can do with my ankle boot.




Till next time, keep on running!

No comments:

Post a Comment